The technological realm is developing at a high speed with new tools and programs produced every hour to support businesses through efficient data management and calculation mechanisms; but is it
Success of a business relies mostly on the appropriate data collected for decision making and strategic analysis. Keeping all the crucial financial information disclosed from hackers, a difficult task for decades is now overcome by the development of security check in Excel Reporting Tools. Though there have been many Reporting Tools published in the market for gathering data, people often prefer using Excel Reporting Tools, says Survey. Many longstanding advantages have made the Excel pivot tables to reach such heights. Get to know some significant features in Excel Reporting which will enhance your process of data extraction:
- One best instance to prove this fact is the formatting styles. Excel Reporting not only consists of a huge array of formatting styles and functionality. It also allows the programmers or business users to import their formatting styles as templates which could be called for every report and sub report generation.
- Though you are ready with appropriate data fetched from different kinds of data sources and from different companies for references, switching between tabs of data does not please users. Instead Excel Reporting allows you to include hyperlinks which will direct you to the appropriate tabs automatically from the back end. The most adoptable way of storing these hyperlinks is to make use of tables in data sources. These links can be stored to a column and from the tables, data could be brought out to the front end as and when required.
- Excel Pivot tables are a boon to the Report generators. None of us have enough time and patience to wade through the entire details present in a report. To make it more interesting, developers often prefer using the Pivot tables which will help summarize all data represented in reports. This in turn will help users to apply a creamy layer on top of all unwanted data and expose only the needed data to managers.
- Unlike any other reporting tools, Excel has the most efficient and inbuilt set of formulas which can crack any kind of conditions applied by the business users. Formula can also be customized by inserting a text pad with newly designed formula. Now you will be ready to go with all kinds of reports to satisfy all your reporting needs.
Irrespective of the place where a reporting tool is made use of, it serves its best to produce efficient results.
Excel reporting is easy when you follow some tips and tricks to get rid of common mistakes while reporting. Following article focuses about help on Excel Reporting:
How To Eliminate Redundancy Data:
This is one common problem that many programmers face – filtering of duplicate data in rendered report. Duplicates and triplicates in report makes it more complex and would place an extra burden on the shoulders of business to filter those redundant data. To avoid these conditions, you can make use of Advanced Filters readily available in the Excel Reporting tool. The higher versions of these tools also have an inbuilt Duplicate removal feature which will enable the users to eliminate redundancies. In certain reporting cases like financial reporting, users might be in need of those duplicate data but they want them to be highlighted to take appropriate decisions. In such cases, there is a most reliable way of highlighting those data are readily available in every reporting tool.
Make use of the highlight cell rules functionality in the “Conditional Formatting” section of Reporting Tool. This menu will lead you to different options and one of which is the “Duplicate Values”. You can click on this, it will automatically highlight all the duplicate and triplicate data available in the rendered report.
How to Make Use of the Query Objects More Effectively:
A very normal procedure followed to render a report is to design a script, frame the query accordingly and generate the reports. Make use of the following tips to make your reporting much easier:
- Report rendering is not an easy task as it includes more complex queries and subqueries. When you happen to write pages of queries, synchronization of panes will drastically reduce the speed of report rendering. So it is always wise to switch OFF the SQL pane which will improve performance of the system.
- Query writing can be done in two possible ways – either by writing the script manually or by importing the already existing SQL scripts which will reduce the time and effort put forth by the programmers.
- If any change was made to the existing query, it is necessary to make use of “Refresh” button to make all the revised changes to get displayed in reports.
Making profit out of business is now much easier with the upcoming era of Excel Reporting practices. Though programmers are trying their best with new enhancements to make the Excel Reporting more powerful, come let us see how the existing system can be made more flexible and powerful with few reporting practices tips provided below:
Comments can also contain parameters:
Business users sometimes end up with a confusion on what basis the data was fetched from the data source and the appropriate report was generated. To make them clearer, include the parameters that you have used in conditional queries into the comments so when a user places the cursor over the column, the comments hovers on the column and displays the parameter lists. This in turn provides a better clarity in understanding the reports.
Migration of 2D to 3D:
Don’t get bored with the two dimensional charts and tables to represent the data traditionally. Make it more interesting with the new three dimensional way of data representation. Intensity of data gets reduced when displayed in form of charts and there is no possibility for any user to miss out data. Geographical representation of data into maps makes it more lively and interactive for a user. Clear distinguishing updated data can be made more appropriate when it is framed as maps.
Refreshing data is much easier with new Reporting Practices:
Higher versions of Excel Reporting tool have been included with the “Refresh” buttons to refresh the reports. In some cases, there are possibilities that when you make changes to the existing query and generate a report, not all data are properly populated into rendered report. To update the report, make use of “Refresh” series of buttons –
- Refresh – Used to refresh the existing real time data present in the current working sheet of Excel.
- Refresh Parameters – When an appropriate parameter is passed, it will refresh the working sheet that is specified in form of parameter and not all the working sheets. This in turn will reduce the amount of time taken for data refresh more drastically.
- Refresh Fields – Used to refresh the data present in specified pages of a report which is passed down to the query as a parameter and in addition, it also helps users in refreshing the field definitions.
- Refresh All – As the name specifies, it refreshes the data in the current worksheet and it also refreshes the entire field list of a pivot table.