Reporting is an inseparable part of any growing business operation these days. Necessity is the mother of all inventions and in case of Excel reporting, the necessity of making the
Reporting is an inseparable part of any growing business operation these days. Necessity is the mother of all inventions and in case of Excel reporting, the necessity of making the interface simpler, easy, and smart has given birth to the ultra smart and highly efficient reporting features of Excel 2013. These advanced features are all geared up to save a lot of time to avoid last hour scuttles; want to know how? Here’s the bigger picture:
For a presentable Excel reports, you spend large amount of time to make your charts and data appear understandable with different cell formatting of colors and arrow signs etc. The super swift “quick analysis” feature of Excel 2013 pops up as you select a particular set of data with various formatting previews so that you can easily select data formatting that portrays the data accurately.
Easy Chart Recommendations
The easy chart recommendation feature of Excel 2013 saves you from the appalling moment of your report presentation when experts may remark that the selected chart type does not accurately represent the data. Excel 2013 is capable to automatically recommend you the most apt chart type that completely and clearly illustrates the data. To further add a special touch to your proficiency, you also have quick buttons readily available to customize your chart.
Excel surveys is a very powerful tool that can be used in sync with SkyDrive. There may be points in your report where you may need feedback or suggestions from the audience. Earlier it was perilously done with some external services such as SurveyMonkey and SharePoint. Excel 2013 provides you safe and easy way to incorporate surveys within the report through SkyDrive by simply selecting create=>Excel Survey option from the SkyDrive menu.
Business Intelligence With Power View
The Excel power users would greatly benefit with this tool as it has tremendous data visualization and modeling capabilities. The Power View feature of Excel 2013 makes your Excel reports much more interactive and comprehensive as you can now add multiple sets of data and also determine relationship between them easily. Power View uses online services like Bing mapping and SilverLight technology to create great looking reports and dashboards.
The Enterprise Efficiency
The new and advanced features of Excel 2013 can prove to be much more productive and cost effective for big enterprises with big data handling requirements. The services which were formerly only available as add-ons are now a vital part of the Microsoft Excel 2013 ProPlus. Enterprises can save huge money that they were earlier investing in third party business intelligence tools. Excel 2013 can also proficiently track and store huge number of spreadsheets for better control and focus over crucial data.
Analyze Data – Generating Reports with Excel help
When an individual faces trouble to understand the huge amount of data manually, he can take the benefit of already available tools with excel help and applications to analyze and understand the key information which drives his business professionally. Especially, managing the data in tabular form, manipulating data to find out valuable information; or performing some calculations on them that need automation to perform such functionality is essential. There are tools available like Excel that can be helpful for end users. For better visual representation of information the charts or graphs are used because they provide you information in easy-to-read form. Thus, reports in excel with such information can be very helpful for management of any organization to highlight the precious information.
Munch on Excel Templates: For a new user to create a report in Excel may take several days but they do not need to spare that much of their time as templates in excel report can help them fairly. Excel templates are ready made workbooks with many worksheets, which have a design and automated calculations which can be used frequently. These are digital spreadsheets that are prepared in rows and columns and having nice color combinations, fixed font sizes, and are versatile in use. We can pre-design templates for common use and they are completely customizable and you can always have that personal touch.
Business organizations use these templates because they are readily available. Thus they save time and money for any organization. It also reduces man power required to complete any task. The reports in excel can be benefited by the various types of already availed templates such as expense template, finance template, billing template, valuation template, efficiency checking template, portfolio optimization template and many more. A template can also be created once and it can be saved by the user. Thus the saved template can be used again by various users to maintain similarity among various reports generated by different employees in the same organization. Many of such templates are already available for free which do not incur any cost and some are available at affordable cost.
In a nutshell, reports in excel are simply helpful to demonstrate certain priceless information and key trends necessary for the growth of any business. In creation of such business reports the pre-designed and pre-formatted templates are essentially very helpful.
Performing calculations and doing analysis based on numbers are among the main features of designing reports from excel. With the upgrade in excel versions it’s formatting, drawing, add graphics ability is improved which is useful in the generation of reports. With the help of this improvisation one can combine many other tools like PowerPoint to the numbers and calculation toll available in excel. So, with the increase in technology new and improved functions and tools are available for the generation of reports in excel.
Instructions for designing reports from excel:
- Try to complete all the data and calculations work in your worksheet. Even in case if your data and calculations possess multiple worksheets. In which case as well you can import the data together into one report.
- Put the rough idea about how you want your report to look. Also consider what you require in headers and footers, which text you want to be emphasized and want to include what kind of graphical elements to the report.
- Now From the Insert tab on the Office Fluent Ribbon, click on the Header & Footer which is present in the Text group to design the headers and footers. This is the text that displays on every page of the report. By clicking on this command you can open the Header & Footer Tools ribbon, where you can add pictures, page numbers, date and time stamp and variables.
- With the help of the Insert tab, you can also add visual interest to your report by inserting smart art, your own pictures or Microsoft clip. There is also an option of inserting text boxes, shapes, and freehand drawings you can do things such as add a stylized title to your report, relevant graphic or illustration, or represent some parts of your worksheet in such a way that is other than a traditional graph so, using these tools, which are similar to the drawing tools in other Microsoft applications.
- Accomplish formatting the text and cells of your worksheet using features such as cell shading, cell borders, text alignment and fonts From the Home tab.
- Also adjust printing aspects of your report, that includes page margins size , which rows or columns to repeat on subsequent pages and page breaks occurrence with the help of “From the Page Layout” tab. If you have more data on a given worksheet then you want to print on the report, use the Print Area command to clearly identify and print the area of the worksheet.
- Now you have to select Print and then give the option of Print Preview.
- Now move through steps 3 and through 6, adjusting graphics, layout and formatting until your report is printed appropriately.